Monday, July 16, 2007

Technology we love

I feel it's important that we give a mention to the excellent technologies we use in developing Cotopia. It's fair because we use open-source software which is free (as in beer) and reliable which helps us keep costs down.

So without further delay here is THE LIST:

Linux out server runs on RedHat and my development box runs Suse - both most excellent Linux distributions
Java 1.6
GlassFish a.k.a. Sun Java System Application Server 9.1
NetBeans 5.5.1 for Mobile game development - and I can't wait to switch to 6.0 as it will feature my most excellent GameBuilder ;)
NetBeans 6.0 for Server development
Eclipse I used eclipse in the initial stages of development (couple of years ago) together with Antenna but I soon switched to NetBeans with MobilityPack, Tomas still uses it but he's not quite as Java savvy so I forgive him :)

There are a number of other software packages we use daily, most of them are GNU licensed.

So just let me conclude by saying:
Open source WE LOVE YOU, You make it possible for us to do what we do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words. We like happy users! ;)

Would you care to share your GlassFish experience? We'd love to hear from you at stories AT sun.com