Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Good work Scott Sigler

I love books, but I find it easier to have someone read to me than to read myself :)
I have been following the work of Scott Sigler for a while now, his Earthcore novel was the first podio book I've listened to and it turned me onto some pretty good stuff, but I've blogged about this a bit in the past.
The reason I am mentioning Scott Sigler is that, to me at least, he is quite an inspiration. He's been an aspiring writer for many years but had bad luck getting published. After being reduced to (and I quote here) "giving ****jobs for food stamps" he's figured out how the Internet can help in promoting his work. Some years later now Scott has given out a number of very entertaining books in the audio format for free and is aiming for the NYT best seller list with his latest published book Contagious.
If you like a fun light book that will entertain give Scott a listen/read.

3 comments:

Scott Sigler said...

Damn, man, that's a great quote! Did I really say that? If so, I'm impressed, and I don't impress easily. So glad you're enjoying all the goodies. Big announcement coming up on Sunday, Jan. 8 regarding that NY Times quest. Stay tuned (yes, I'm cliffhangering you on your own blog ...)

Zero Effort said...

Hey Scott, thanks for leaving a comment so promptly. I am sure that you (just like Jon Armstrong) google your self every hour or so :) but to the point - as far as I know you never said what I quoted. Not being an actual journalist I figured I can get away with a small white lie if it makes the story better. I am looking forward to your announcement. I am sure you're kicking ass on the charts.

Scott Sigler said...

I'm going to go ahead and take credit for that quote, since it's awesome, and might actually be true ...