Saturday, February 28, 2009

Doing my bit for atheism :)

OK, so here is an idea for like-minded people.

At our local bookshop they have a "Religion" section with all sorts of books. Unsurprisingly, propaganda and early indoctrination literature (i.e. Children's bibles, Good News bibles, and other bibles) is on the eye-level top shelf. While some of my preferred reading such as "The God Delusion" or "God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" sits on the very bottom shelf where it doesn't receive proper attention.

The thing that I like to do, when I browse in the store, is to rearrange the books to correct the unfortunate placement of my favorites. I do this about once every 2 weeks or so.

That's the whole idea. I am not sure how much it accomplishes but since there is no church of atheism where I could make donations it's one fun way I like to try and forward the cause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atheism well i think is profound nonsense.

Zero Effort said...

Your opinion differs and yet I won't try to have you burnt at the stake or stoned to death because of some ridiculous fairy tale belief.